Greetings!


This blog will follow my row to Canada and back, my “One Lap Around” Lake George and Lake Champlain, which will start on July 22nd. I’m guessing it will be a 300-350 mile row-about that will take perhaps a week or so, and any proceeds we shake into the bilge will benefit the wonderful work of the Lake George Association.

I’m not taking my computer and I’m a no-tech guy, the classic Techno-Peasant. I’ll be writing longhand in my journal each night, weather and gnarled hands permitting, and I’ll take a picture of the page(s) and send it to Peg and Cathy, who will miraculously interpret my scrawl and will transcribe it each night. That’s my limit: taking a picture with a phone that does not have a rotary dial. Simply amazing.

Rowing, at least my kind of rowing, happens kind of slowly, folks, so take what follows as a kind of exhale, a breather, a release. This is not swashbuckling adventure traveling at breakneck speed. This is an aging guy sitting in his Adirondack Guide boat, pulling the oars through about 220 times to cover each mile and counting his blessings to be able to be here to do it.

Thanks for coming along…and thanks, too, for your support of the LGA! I’ve rowed waters from Lake Huron to Washington DC and I can tell you, there is nothing, nothing, nothing like our Queen of American Lakes.

Peace, love, happiness…and good health!

Al Freihofer


Comments

Popular Posts